Do you require MS Office software for your business but aren’t sure whether to get the newest Office 2021 or the tried-and-true Office 2019? In order to make it easier for you to select the program that best meets the demands of your company, we’ve put up a simple comparison of the key features.(Office 2019 vs Office 2021)
In comparison with Office 2021,
Check out the following table to compare Office 2019 and Office 2021’s Professional Plus editions, which is strongly advised for business users:
|Property||Office 2019 Professional Plus||Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021|
Compared to Office 2019, the 2021 version reintroduces the OneNote application and adds a well-known, popular messaging app – MS Teams.
|Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Skype for Business||Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Skype for Business, Teams, OneNote|
MS Office is available in many languages officially supported by Microsoft.
|same for both: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and many more|
With both Office suites you can save, open, import, export and generally manage files in the same format. They also provide native support for the most commonly used external formats.
|same for both: doc, docx, odt, rtf, pdf, xml, xls, csv, html, pps, ppsx, etc.|
Both Office suites are fully compatible with the two latest Windows operating systems, including server solutions.
|same for both: Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022|
End of support
Office 2019 suite will be receiving bug fixes and security updates until October 2025. Office LTSC 2021 will be supported for only one year longer – up until October 2026.
|October 2025||October 2026|
How has Office 2021 changed?
Take a look at the key updates and additions:
- You don’t need to download the MS TEAMS chat client from the Microsoft Store because it is part of the newest Office package.
- Important: A subscription must still be purchased in order to utilize MS Teams for business.
- WORD: text predictions – increases writing speed by offering ideas based on the user’s initial few keystrokes.
- EXCEL’s dynamic arrays feature enables the use of a single formula to receive an array of various values; The LET function, which gives names to computation outcomes, expedites writing complicated formulae.
- POWERPOINT: updated and better Record Presenters may now record their PowerPoint presentations on video, including their narration, slide timing, hand gestures, and pointer motions.
- The translation of an email message into one of more than 70 languages is done automatically by Outlook and is shown right next to the original message in the mailbox.
- Support for OpenDocument format (ODF) 1.3 adds additional tiers of compatibility and opens up numerous ODF capabilities.
- The visual refresh feature gives the most used Office programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, a more modern appearance and feel.
- (Office 2019 vs Office 2021)
The MS Teams app’s inclusion in the suite and a slightly longer lifecycle are the two changes that Office 2021 brings, with the latter being the most notable. Given this, you might want to think about the following possibilities for your business:
A)Get Office 2021
Purchasing the most recent version of Microsoft Office for your business makes sense if you want any of the aforementioned new capabilities together with MS Teams or if you want that additional year of support.
B )Select Office 2019 instead of 2021
There is simply no benefit to purchasing the most recent version of the MS Office suite if your company does not require any of the new features or MS Teams; it offers essentially identical functionality as Office 2019 but is more expensive.
C ) Implement a hybrid approach.
Consider a hybrid solution if your company need MS Teams as well as some of the other Microsoft cloud services at a more affordable price: Microsoft 365 Business Basic and Office 2019 Professional Plus!
- Office 2019 Professional Plus offers all the cutting-edge capabilities of a perpetual package for business usage, including compatibility with Remote Desktop Services, centralized deployment, and all traditional desktop programs.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic enhances your IT infrastructure by adding MS Teams, cloud storage, a unique email address, and more.
Check out the total cost of ownership (TCO) comparison graph below to discover how this hybrid solution will benefit your organization and how it can fulfil your demands similarly to a Microsoft 365 Business Premium plan while drastically lowering your software costs
TCO comparison over a 4-year period of perpetual, hybrid, and subscription solutions:
In only one year, the Office 2021 suite and the hybrid solution become more affordable than the Microsoft 365 subscription plan. The hybrid solution also has the benefit of requiring a cheaper initial investment than Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021, although it actually costs more after 2.5 years. And lastly, the Office 2019 suite is more affordable than any of the alternatives discussed above right away.(Office 2019 vs Office 2021)